When I mounted Scott’s tires a few months ago, I did not have any valve stems in stock and I did not want to make the trip into town to get some. The ones in the rims looked fine so I just left them in place.
Then last week, Scott had not one but two valve stems break off due to the rubber cracking.
Last night I swapped in new valve stems for him. I broke the bead on the front side and used a pair of diagonal cutters to cut out the old valve stems. I pressed new ones in place and aired his tires back up.
I put them on the balancer for a tune up of the balance while I had them off.
[phpbay]valve stems, 10[/phpbay]