Mazda 3 Wheel Vibration shake

Smoothing out my Mazda 3

My dad bought this 2010 Mazda 3 new. It had tire noise from day one. The rear tires would develop cupping in just a few thousand miles. He had to rotate them often but that just helped mask the problem and never solved it. He went through several sets of tires of various quality brands and all had the cupping issue on the rear.

Continue reading “Mazda 3 Wheel Vibration shake”

XJ list Royal Blue Scouting Trip

Royal Blue XJ List Scouting trip

A few of the XJ List members went to Royal Blue to see what we could find.  Adam took us to an amazing trail to the sand pits just west of the interstate.

We stayed at Eagle Rock Campground.  The tent camping area is new, and we ended up having it all ourselves.  It was located well away from the regular campground and had a nice feel to it.

There was a short paved drive to the trailhead.  Most of our rigs are not set up for pavement but we made it just fine.

Continue reading “XJ list Royal Blue Scouting Trip”

Porsche 944 Torque Tube Bearings

I rebuilt my 944 Torque Tube

At Track Night I noticed a whirring noise when I was idling on grid in neutral.  The noise would go away if I mashed the clutch pedal.  I had heard a similar noise on the back straight at Road Atlanta back in February, so I decided to check into it closer.

With the car on the lift idling in neutral, there was definitely a noise coming from the middle of the torque tube.  I decided it was time to change the bearings.

I read through the procedure on Clarks Garage. I also watched some Youtube videos. These looked intimidating, but I decided I had to give it a go.

I began by removing the shifter from the rod and the torque tube.  I then removed the transaxle.

Continue reading “Porsche 944 Torque Tube Bearings”



I have been fascinated by time for as long as I can remember. Clocks amaze me,

I even saved up my money to buy one of the first LED digital watches wen I was in High school.

Continue reading “Time”

May Track Night in the 944

Testing the new Mass Air Flow sensor at AMP

Track Night in the Porsche

Just getting to Track Night was an adventure this time.  I decided to try out my new to me Ford F250 tow vehicle.  I first took the trailer to work with me before heading down to Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Continue reading “May Track Night in the 944”